Saturday, May 05, 2007

Will you people stop sending me dross!!

I know I'm not the only person this election who has been out delivering and found someone running after me down the pavement screaming abuse because I dared put a leaflet through their door. I've always had limited sympathy for such morons. It takes very little wit to put your recycling box under your letter box if come election time you don't want your world sullied by the horrors of democracy.

However, having come home from my week by the sea in Eastbourne I find my inbox has been clogged by spam from the teeming multitudes running to get on the Lib Dem list for the GLA elections. I must admit I felt a hint of empathy for the woman who chased me halfway across the Langley estate. What annoys me most is not the fact that it took me ages to wade through it all but how bad most of them were (with a couple of honourable exceptions). I had limited inclination to stay in London next year rather than going somewhere where my help could assist the party in actually winning something as it was.

So please GLA candidates, if you don't have anything to say, please don't fill up my inbox saying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home