Thursday, April 26, 2007

When the two Americas meet



The video above shows what happened when the choir from Norco High School went to see Mike Daisey's one man show Invincible Summer. Its a rather more direct approach to theatre criticism than I was taught at school.

Although like every other sentient being on the planet I whole heartedly condemn such attempts at censorship and intimidation, I can't be the only theatre lover who has seen this and created a mental list of shows that wouldn't have been greatly improved by a stage invasion.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liberal Polemic said...

I don't see what was so outrageous about the show.

I mean, it was a bit profane, but I think Peter Cook and Dudley Moore pretty much put paid to prudishness in comedy.

If the audience want to leave, fine, but pouring water over his work was out of order.

12:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home