Saturday, September 08, 2007

Virgin Media are bloody useless

Virgin Media are crap.

Their website is nigh on impossible to navigate.

They don't deliver on their promises ("we'll get back to you in 48hours", I spend the next two weeks trying to call them).

When they can be arsed to answer the phone, their customer support staff are rude, unhelpful, incompetent and appear never to have come across a northern accent before (and mine isn't particularly strong after eight years away from Lancashire).

Plus their systems are shambolic. Delivery dates switched without notice. Orders lost or not processed. Customers bounced around call centres in the vain hope somebody will know their arse from their elbow, and engineers sent on wild goose chases because somebody back at base forgot to flip a switch.

And their head man still has stupid facial hair!

For the sake of your sanity, I beseech you to never go near this disaster area of company.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listening to friends they seem to have gone downhill in the past few months.

When i first became a cable user they were excellent.

I dread the day now if and when my cable box packs up.

Saying that have you tried British Gas!

I would never go back to them even if they were giving energy away free of charge!

9:00 am  
Blogger Weed said...

Yep, Virgin Media are crap. Unfortunately I'm too far from my local BT exchange to be able to get fast broadband over a BT line, so i'm stuck with these greedy incompetents. I was with Telewest for 5 years, who were fine, but after getting taken over by Virgin Media, technical support is now on a premium line number, their performance is lowest of all the major service providers, and worst of all I get cut back to 25% of the advertised download and upload speeds for 5 hours every night -- this seems to happen as soon as my upload speed goes over 256Kb (I'm paying an extra 10 quid a month for a measley extra 128Kb upload which i really need). There are better suppliers out there. If you have the choice, use it!

8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home