Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Is it a bad sign if you can't remember the play's name? (Moonlight & Magnolias - Tricycle Theatre)

I feel that it is probably a bad sign when 24hours after seeing a play I had to look up what it was called. That unfortunately is the case with Moonlight & Magnolias.

Not that it didn't leave an impression. After a couple of hours with my knees rammed into the seat in front and my feet twisted underneath me by the lack of legroom in the Tricycle I doubt my legs are going to be pain free for a while. Unfortunately what was billed as a comedy had too few laughs in it to distract me from the growing numbness in my extremities. And don't even get me started on accents, one character regularly went from Brooklyn Jew to Home Counties BBC announcer, via comedy German, and back within a single line. Unfortunately I think he was supposed to be from Chicago.

I would have left at the interval if I hadn't been wedged into my seat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home