Thursday, June 07, 2007

Stephen Fry is dead to me

I'm not sure its too much to ask that if you turn up to a show you have a ticket for half an hour before the doors open that you might be let in. Not at QI it appears.

The flatmate and I and several hundred others were turned away this evening after queuing for over an hour . It appears that whoever the guests were this evening had large guest lists so there was less space than normal. Not something you could have taken account of when distributing tickets applause store? of course not.

Well the flatmate and I ended up going to the National instead, and a good time was had by all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get in tonight. The trouble is that a large number of people have priority tickets, and so get in before other people even if they arrive after them. To be able to get a priority ticket you have to pay to be a priority member of Applause Store - about £15 I think.

I usually arrive around two hours early for shows. Qi is very popular these days.

12:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

* Two hours before doors open, that is.


I know it's annoying, but don't take it out on Mr Fry :-)

12:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bit of an over the top reaction there, surely?

I queued for well over two hours to get into HIGNFY once.

7:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch QI (or even HIGNFY) at home. It only takes 30 minutes and if you record it you can even watch it when it suits you rather than when it suits the suits ;-)

2:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home